Topics Map > Microsoft Office 365
Topics Map > BYOD
Office 365 (Personal Devices - Mac) - Installing Office 2016 and/or Accessing the Online Apps
Students, employees, and retirees (with an active Parkland email account) are eligible to receive 5 licenses of the Microsoft Office 2016 Suite for personal use (both Windows and Mac) for free. The software suite includes: Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint (includes 1TB of OneDrive storage) along with features like Yammer and Newsfeed. You can use Office 2016 until you no longer have an active Parkland email account (due to graduation, resignation, etc.). At expiration, the Office 2016 applications enter a reduced-functionality mode, which means documents can be viewed but it isn’t possible to edit or create new documents. In addition, online services associated with your Parkland email address like Office 365 and OneDrive will no longer work.
- Open up a web browser and enter the URL go.parkland.edu/office365.
- Students and employees will need to use their ParklandOne username and password to log in.
- You can use Office 365 online (from any machine that has internet access. Simply click on the icon for the app you are interested in. Make sure that you are running the latest version of your web browser) or you can install the full Office 2016 suite to your computer. Click "Install Office Apps" and select “Office 2016” to begin downloading Office (this should be the first option).
4. Take note of the Office 2016 informational download popup. It instructs you on three basic steps when you download Office 2016, which is depicted below.
5. Open the "Installer.pkg" download.
6. Begin the installation process for Office 2016. Please note: It can take quite a while to install the program especially if you are on a wireless network.
To install additional copies on other computers, open up your web browser and go to go.parkland.edu/office365. You may use up to five copies of Microsoft Office at a time. You can deactivate any of the five instances as you wish, and reinstall the software on a different computer.
Where can I get help with Microsoft Office 365?
- The Parkland College Tech Service Desk - See contact information in the footer below.
- https://support.office.com/ is a great searchable Microsoft site for all Office 365 related questions.
- Excellent instructional videos available through lynda.com. Please see How do I Access lynda.com? for instructions on how to set up your free account. (employee accounts active now / student accounts active 7/1/15)
- Office 365 (Personal Devices - Windows) - Installing Office 2016 and/or Accessing the Online Apps
- Microsoft Office 365 - Introduction, Overview, and Access
- Office 365 - Outlook App Setup on Android Phones
- Office 365 - Native Outlook Setup on Android Phones
- Office 365 - Outlook App Setup on your iOS device (iPad, iPod, iPhone)
- Office 365 - Outlook Setup on iOS devices w/ the native iOS app (iPad, iPod, iPhone)
- Office 365 - Outlook Setup on Windows Phone 8 and 8.1