Topics Map > Microsoft Office 365
Topics Map > BYOD
Office 365 (Personal Devices - Mac) - How to Install the Full Client Version
Students, employees, and retirees (with an active Parkland email account) are eligible to receive 5 licenses of the Microsoft Office 365 Suite for personal use (both Windows and Mac) for free. The software suite includes: Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint (includes 1TB of OneDrive storage) along with features like Yammer and Newsfeed. Outlook is available but will not be activated for students until March, 2016 when they are switched to the new email system. It also includes Office Online which provides "light weight" versions of the software which means that only the most-used features are available. You can use Office 365 until you no longer have an active Parkland email account (due to graduation, resignation, etc.). At expiration, the Office applications enter a reduced-functionality mode, which means documents can be viewed but it isn’t possible to edit or create new documents. In addition, online services associated with your Parkland email address like Office Online and OneDrive will no longer work.
Supported Browsers (for Office Online): The latest version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari is recommended.
- Open up a web browser and enter the URL connect.parkland.edu/office365.
- Students and employees will need to use their ParklandOne username and password to log in.
- You can use Office Online (from any machine that has internet access) or you can install the full Office suite to your computer. Click Install to begin installing Office (this should be the middle option).
- The version of Office available to download depends on your version of OSX.
- Maverick and below : Office 2011
- Yosemite(OSX 10.10) and above : Office 2016
4. Open MicrosoftOffice2011.dmg (MicrosoftOffice2016.dmg for Yosemite and above)
5. Double click on Office Installer. Please note: It can take quite a while to install the program, especially if you are on a wireless network.
To install additional copies on other computers, open up your web browser and go to connect.parkland.edu/365. You may use up to five copies of Microsoft Office at a time. You can deactivate any of the five instances as you wish, and reinstall the software on a different computer.
Where can I get help with Microsoft Office 365?
- The Parkland College Tech Service Desk - See contact information in the footer below.
- https://support.office.com/ is a great searchable Microsoft site for all Office 365 related questions.
- Excellent instructional videos available through lynda.com. Please see How do I Access lynda.com? for instructions on how to set up your free account. (employee accounts active now / student accounts active 7/1/15)
- Office 365 (Personal Devices - Windows) - How to Install the Full Client Version
- Microsoft Office 365 - Introduction, Overview, and Access
- Office 365 - Outlook App Setup on Android Phones
- Office 365 - Native Outlook Setup on Android Phones
- Office 365 - Outlook App Setup on your iOS device (iPad, iPod, iPhone)
- Office 365 - Outlook Setup on iOS devices w/ the native iOS app (iPad, iPod, iPhone)
- Office 365 - Outlook Setup on Windows Phone 8 and 8.1