Office 365 (Skype for Business ) - Record and Play Back a Meeting
When you record a Skype for Business (Lync) meeting, you capture audio, video, instant messaging (IM), screen sharing, PowerPoint slides, whiteboard, and polling. Any of the presenters can record a meeting and save it to their computer.
Record your Skype for Business (Lync) Meeting
1. Click More Options > Start Recording.
NOTE: If the recording option is dimmed, your audio might not be connected. Click the mic/phone icon shown in the bottom left to connect audio, then try again.
1. Use the controls at the bottom of the meeting to pause, resume, or stop the recording.
2. To see who else is recording, point (mouse over) the red recording button.
3. When you’re done, click Stop Recording.
4. Skype for Business (Lync) automatically saves the recording in MP4 format.
5. You can exit the meeting while the recording is being processed.
Play and share a recording
When your recording has been processed, you can access it to play or send to others. Skpe for Business displays a message when the recording is ready. You can click on the alert to open Recording Manager, or. if you miss that, click Tools on the Lync main window, then Recording Manager.
In the Recording Manager window:
1. Click your recording to highlight it, then click Play on the right side of the window.
2. You can also rename or delete your recording here.
3. To share your recording with others, click Browse to locate it, then copy the file to post on a shared location, such as OneDrive or an internal SharePoint site.
If you cannot post the recording, check to make sure you have enough space.
TIP: Recordings are saved in the Videos/Skype for Business (Lync) Recordings folder on your computer.