Topics Map > Microsoft Office 365
Office 365 (Outlook 2013) - Adding Your Google Calendar
You have the ability to add your Google Calendar to your Outlook account.
By importing a snapshot of your Google Calendar into Outlook, you can see it alongside your other calendars in the Outlook Calendar View. To keep the imported calendar up-to-date, subscribe to the Google Calendar in Outlook. If you don’t, the only way to update it will be to import another, more current snapshot.
An Internet Calendar (iCal) Subscription keeps the Outlook copy of your Google Calendar up-to-date.
1. Log into your Google Calendar account.
2. In the left column, under Calendars, click the arrow button next to the calendar that you want to add to Outlook as an Internet Calendar Subscription and then select Calendar settings.
3. Under Private Address, click ICAL.
4. Right-click the Internet Web address that appears, and then click Copy link address in the shortcut menu.
NOTE: Don’t click the link. If you do, the calendar will open in Outlook as a Calendar Snapshot and won’t be updated.
5. In Outlook, click File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
6. On the Internet Calendars tab, click New.
7. Paste the Internet Web address you copied in step 4, by pressing CTRL+V, and click Add.
8. In the Folder Name box, type the name of the calendar as you want it to appear in Outlook, and then click OK.
When you start Outlook, it checks Google Calendar for updates and downloads any changes. If you keep Outlook open, it also periodically checks for and downloads updates. (Google Calendar tells Outlook how often to check for updates).
NOTE: Changes you make in Outlook aren’t sent to your Google Calendar. To update your Google calendar, open Google Calendar from a browser.
1. Log in to your Google Calendar account.
2. In the left column, under Calendars, click the arrow next to the calendar you want to import into Outlook, and then click Calendar Settings.
3,. Under Private Address, click ICAL.
4. In the Calendar Address dialog box, click the Internet Web address of the calendar.
5. When prompted, click Open to import the calendar into Outlook.
The calendar opens in a side-by-side view in the Outlook Calendar. It is also added to the Navigation Pane in Calendar view, under Other Calendars.
NOTE: The imported calendar is a static snapshot. To update it, you need to subscribe to it or repeat this procedure to import a copy of the most current version of your calendar in Google Calendar.