Cobra Learning - Creating and Arranging your Course Content using Drag and Drop
Creating and Arranging your Course Content using Drag and Drop
In the Content tool, you can arrange your course content by dragging and dropping modules and topics. You can create new topics by dragging files from your computer into the corresponding module.
Table of contents
- Drag and drop files from your computer to create and update topics
- Control where drag and drop files save in Manage Files
- Move and reorder modules and topics
- Update existing files
When a module contains no topics, an upload target displays. If you drag a file over an upload target, that area appears pale blue to indicate you can drop it there.
When a module contains topics, you can still drag a file into it. A horizontal line will indicate where the file will be dropped, allowing you to create new topics “between” pre-existing ones.
You can also drop files from your computer directly into the side navigational panel on the Table of Contents page and into the collapsible side panel that is visible when viewing a topic.
When you drag files from your computer into a module's upload target to add or update topics, the files will save in the Manage Files tool. A dialog prompt will appear asking you where in Manage Files you want to save the new file.
Note The collapsible side panel is a compact version of the Table of Contents. It only lists the topics within a single module.
When you drag and drop a file in the Content tool, you are automatically prompted to choose where you want to save the file. You can also set a default path for every module to avoid being prompted. You have the following options when prompted:
- Click Change Path to change where the file will save in Manage Files.
- Select Don't ask me this again and specify either for this module or ever if you don't want to receive additional prompts.
Note If this prompt does not appear when you drag and drop a file into Content, ensure that Show a prompt to choose a folder in Course Files is selected in the Settings area.
Set a default path for a module
- Click Set Default Path from the context menu of the module you want to set a default path for.
- Click Change Path, and then select your new path from the pop-up dialog.
- Click Select Path, and then click Save.
Modules with default paths set will not display prompts when you drag and drop files into them.
Dragging and dropping is a quick way of reorganizing modules and topics. Select the topic or module's drag handle (crosshair icon) to drag and drop.
If you drag a module or topic above or below other modules and topics, a blue line appears to indicate you can drop the module or topic there. If you drag a module or topic over another module, the module appears pale blue to indicate you can drop it there.
If you do not remember where you recently moved a module or topic, use the Content tool's Search field to find them.
You can automatically update your existing files by dragging the newest version of your file from your computer into the appropriate module. If you have Replace files with the same name checked under Settings, then your files should update automatically.
- Cobra Learning - About Content
- Cobra Learning - Navigating and accessing content
- Cobra Learning - Submitting feedback using the Content tool
- Cobra Learning - Downloading content
- Cobra Learning - Understanding the Organization of Content
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th