Aruba VIA (Virtual Intranet Access) Client (Windows VPN) - Installation Instructions
Aruba VIA (Virtual Intranet Access) provides secure remote network connectivity. This document describes how to install the software on a Parkland owned or personal device.
*Note: The Aruba Client cannot be installed from a Parkland Network (On Campus). This software can be installed on any Parkland owned or personal device.
2. Log in using your ParklandOne account credentials.
3. The server will automatically detect the version of OS you're running and give you a download link for the proper version. Use the link to download a copy of the appropriate software.
4. Navigate to the folder where you downloaded the ANSETUP.MSI installer and double click to run it.
A. Press Next
B. Accept the license terms and press Next
C. Accept the defaults on the Destination Folder and press Next
D. Press Install
E. Press Finish
5. When you install the client it will ask for a server address, use: aruba-master.parkland.edu. Enter your ParklandOne username and password and then press Login.
6. Once you have provided the connection details and clicked login the remote server selection screen will appear. Accept the default and press Login.
7. You will notice a small grey icon in the lower right corner of the task bar. This is the Aruba icon. It will remain grey until it does some initial setup work.
A. If you double click it and click the Diagnostics Tab you can watch the progress of the connection.
B. Once connected the log will show "Secure connection established for user ... (your ParklandOne Userid) and the Aruba taskbar icon will turn Green and Gold.
C. You can press X to close the log window. You have now established a secure connection to the Parkland Network.
8. To disconnect, right-click on the Green and Gold icon in the system tray and select Exit.
9. For instructions on how to use the Aruba VIA software, please see Aruba VIA Client (Windows) - Usage Instructions .