Cobra Learning - Exporting Course Components
Exporting course components
You can export components from your course offering to a file. This allows you to reuse these components in another learning management system, or to store the components and then re-import them into another course offering or template at a later date.
Components are exported to an IMSCP-compliant zip file, a standard file format based on the IMS Content Packaging specification, meaning you should be able to reuse these components in any learning management system that supports this format.
You can export course components from the organization level, except for files in the Organization or Shared files areas.
User Data and exporting course components
User data is not exported. For example, if you export the dropbox folders component, none of submissions to the folders are exported. Similarly, if you export the discussions component, posts inside the discussions topics will not be exported.
Links and associations between components
Associations between components will not be exported. The IMS Content Packaging specification, which the format for export files is based on, does not support these associations (for example, Quicklinks, links to grade items, release conditions, etc.).
Components that you can export
The following components can be exported:
- Course files
- External links
- Grades (except calculated grade items)
- Navbar templates (not navbars)
- Question library
- Self assessments
- Click Course Admin on your course navbar, then click Import/Export/Copy Components.
- Select Export Components. If you want to include any files associated with components, select Include course files in the export package. Click Start.
- Select the components you want to export using the check box beside each component.
- To export only certain items from a component, choose Select individual items to export. This allows you to select, for example, individual quizzes, dropbox folders, etc.
- When you are finished selecting components, click Continue.
- Click Continue to begin the export.
- The Export Course Components page is displayed, showing the export progress.
- When a component has been successfully exported, a green check mark appears beside it. If any component fails to export properly, a red X will appear beside it.
- When the process is finished, click Finish.
- A final Export Summary page is displayed where you can download the export file.
- To download the file, click on the link that says Click here to download the export Zip package. Choose a location to save the file and save it.
Note If you do not download the file from this screen, it is lost. You cannot download it later.
Summer Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th.