Parkland Wi-Fi - Guest Access
- Timeout is set to 2 hours.
- Traffic on the Parkland SSID is not encrypted (unless you are accessing a secure site via HTTPS).
- Users will be given limited access to Parkland network resources.
There are three different ways for guests to connect to the Parkland Wi-Fi network:
1. Authentication through Google or Facebook:
Guests can connect to the "Parkland" SSID via authentication through either Google or Facebook. Once you select Parkland from your wireless network settings, simply click on the Facebook Log In or Google Log In button on the login prompt as pictured below. This will then bring up a Facebook or Google page asking for your Google or Facebook sign-on credentials. Once you enter that information and click Log In or Sign In, it will connect you to the Parkland Wi-Fi network. You may see a message that indicates that you are successfully connected. You can select Done to close out of that confirmation.
2. Authentication through Eduroam:
Guests from other Eduroam affiliated institutions (including UIUC) can sign on to the Wi-Fi by connecting to the "eduroam" SSID and signing in with the email address and password that they use at their home institution. To see a searchable list of participating institutions, please click here https://www.eduroam.us/institutions_list. Parkland employees and students (with active Parkland email accounts) may log in to other Eduroam affiliated locations by entering their Parkland email address and ParklandOne password. For more information please see Parkland Wi-Fi - Eduroam .
3. Requesting a guest account when the above options are not viable and/or for a group account that can be used by multiple people:
Please contact the Tech Service Desk: (spring and fall hours are listed below)
Room A184 * 217-353-3333 * firstname.lastname@example.org * 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Satellite location * Parkland Library * 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. M-Th. / 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Fridays
***Note: The Library Information Desk can also create guest Wi-Fi accounts for users (217-373-3839).
Information that you will need to provide:
- Company/Organization name (if applicable)
- Email address
- Duration of account (5 day maximum)