GroupWise - Archiving
Instructions for archiving in GroupWise.
Archiving your Mailbox gives you a way to save items you want to keep without having them take up space in your mailbox. Archived items are removed from your system mailbox and stored in your personal archive directory.
Creating Your Archive DirectoryBefore you archive items, you need to create an archive directory on your hard drive or in a personal network directory.
- From the Main Window, select Tools | Options
- Double-click on Environment.
- Select the File Location tab.
- Specify the path of your archive directory in the Archive directory box.
- Select OK, and then Close.
Archiving an Item
- Open an item from the Mailbox, Calendar, or Sent Items folder.
- Select Actions | Move to Archive or right-click and then select Move to Archive from the menu.
Automatically Archive Data
- Select Tools | Options.
- Double-click Environment, and then select the Cleanup tab.
- Select Auto-Archive After for the item type you want.
- Specify the number of days after the item is delivered or completed that you want it to be archived.
- Select OK and then Close.
Restoring an item from your archive
- You can move an archived item back into your Mailbox.
- Open your Mailbox, Sent Items, or Calendar in the Mail Window.
- Select File | Open Archive to view your archived items for all folders.
- Select or open the item and then deselect Actions | Move to Archive.
- Deselecting the Move to Archive option will automatically move the item back to its original folder.
- Select File then deselect Open Archive to return to your normal mailbox.
Note: While in Archive, the item has no connection to the system post office; therefore you cannot forward or reply and the data in the Properties view is not real time. The Reply and Forward options are grayed out.