Self Service Banking Information for Employees - Direct Deposit Setup
Instructions on how to set up or edit direct deposit details online for employees.
Okta multifactor authentication is required when accessing Self Service. For more information on Okta MFA, please see Okta - Multifactor Authentication FAQ
1. Log in to the Employee Portal: https://my.parkland.edu
- If you don't know your password, you will need to call the Tech Service Desk at 217-353-3333.
2. Select the Self-Service button on the left side of the home page.
Alternatively, you may sign into Self-Service directly via https://selfserv.parkland.edu.
3. Select the Banking Information category on the Self-Service home page.
4. On the Banking Information page, select Add an Account.
5. Click the button to activate the Payroll Deposit.
6. Select whether you would like the entire balance or remaining balance (if you have more than one account) to go into this account, or a specific amount. If you are choosing a specific amount, click on the radio button and enter the amount in the box. If you choose a Specific Amount and there are no other accounts, the remaining balance will be paid on a paper check. If you want your entire check deposited, select Remaining Balance.
7. Fill out your banking information, including the routing number and bank account number. Click the terms agreement check box and then click the Submit button. If the routing number you entered is not recognized, “The routing number is invalid” error message will appear, and you will need to contact the Business Office at 217-353-2335 to make corrections.
You should now see your new account listed under Payroll Deposits with a Verification status of “Not Verified”. Once your bank has verified your account information, the status will be updated to “Verified”.
To edit existing direct deposit refund account information:
1. Select the bank account from the Payroll Deposit list, by clicking on the blue arrow on the right.
2. Click on the View Bank Account Details button.
3. Add your bank account information and click the Save button or click the Cancel button to exit without making changes.
To stop direct deposit and delete your account information:
1. Select the bank account from the Payroll Deposit list.
2. Click the Activate button to toggle ON/OFF.