Microsoft Teams - Set Up Call Forwarding
Set up call forwarding
1. To start forwarding your calls, in the Teams client click on the three dots next to your profile picture or initials in the top right.
2. Select Settings > Calls.
3. Under Call answering rules, choose Forward my calls, and then select where you want your forwarded calls to go: voicemail, another person, or a call group.
4. You can also change your forwarding settings by selecting options in the dropdown menu below your dial pad in the Calls App of your Teams client.
Note: For external numbers, please use the 10-digit number (217-555-5555,
Note: For external numbers, please use the 10-digit number (217-555-5555,for example).
Set up call forwarding to a call group
1. Under Call answering rules, select Forward my calls.
2. In the Forward to menu, select Call group.
3. Under Add people, add the people you want in your call group. You can add up to 25 people. Anyone you add will get a notification.
4. Go to the menu and select to ring everyone simultaneously or select to call people in order in 20-second intervals. If your call group has six or more people, incoming calls will ring all of them at the same time
Note: You need to add people from your organization. Phone numbers are not supported. Group call pickup can be less disruptive than other forms of call forwarding because recipients can choose how to be notified of an incoming call in their settings and decide whether to answer it.