Troubleshooting Common A/V Issues
Projector remote is not working:
- Does the handheld remote control operate the projector at all? The signal from the remote to the projector can be affected by bright florescent classroom lights causing interference with the remote. Instructors can try turning off or dimming the lights. If that doesn't help, it may be that the batteries are dead. Please submit a ticket for replacement. In the meantime, instructors can control the projector through the Projector Control software installed on the desktop.
Instructor station is not displaying properly to the overhead screen:
- Use the remote or the Projector Control application on the desktop and confirm the input is set correctly. The correct input will be named “Computer 1”, “RGB 1” or “HDMI”.
- If the input is set correctly, the issue might be the display settings on the monitor. Instructor stations are configured to mirror the monitor to the projector screen, however, if another instructor changes the display settings, those settings unfortunately stick until someone else changes them back. Do a search in Windows for Display Settings. In the section that says, "Multiple Displays" select Mirror or Duplicate from the available options.
Issues with the Projector Control software:
- If you are trying to start the program from the desktop shortcut, but an error indicates that “The program has already been started” it was likely opened and minimized by the previous instructor. This sends it to the system tray in the lower-right portion of the screen. Clicking the arrow to expand the tray should show the icon which can either be double-clicked or right-clicked. Select the show option to maximize the control bar.
Document camera is not working:
- Confirm that the desk-mounted VGA switch is set to the Document Camera input.
- If the Document Camera input is already selected, the document camera itself may be mistakenly reconnected to the VGA Input rather than the VGA Output by someone who temporarily used the cable to connect their own device. Please make sure it is connected to the VGA Output port.
Sound is not coming out of the wall speakers:
- Verify that the volume setting icon in the system tray in the lower right of the screen is not muted and is set to an adequate level, usually at least 50% or more.
- Make sure that the volume control on the projector is at an adequate level by either using the volume buttons on the handheld remote, or by using the Projector Control software volume adjustment.
- Some computer monitors use a soundbar with a USB connection which acts as a separate audio device. If the sound is only coming out of the soundbar on the monitor, the default audio output may need to be changed. Please submit a hep ticket with Campus Technologies.
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * email@example.com
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th