VPN - GlobalProtect VPN Usage - Windows
This article reviews the process for using the GlobalProtect VPN client to remotely connect to the N and H drives, Colleague UI, and on-campus computers. GlobalProtect VPN can only be used by Parkland College employees on pre-configured Parkland hardware.
- The VPN client should be pre-installed. Access it by clicking on the arrow in the lower right hand corner and left click on the earth symbol to bring the client up. If it is not installed on your Parkland laptop and you need to access the VPN, please submit a work request to have GlobalProtect installed.
- Click Connect.
- Enter your ParklandOne credentials and click Sign In.
- You should now be connected to VPN and able to access resources and applications that are internal only. This includes Colleague and the H: and N: drive shares.
- How to Disconnect -
- To disconnect from the VPN connection, click the arrow in the lower right hand corner and click the earth symbol.
- Click the Disconnect button.
- You are now disconnected.
- How to Reconnect -
- To connect to VPN, click the arrow in the lower right hand corner and click the earth symbol
- On the client, click the Connect button. The client may ask you to type in your ParklandOne credentials again. If so, simply enter your credentials and click the Sign In button
- You are now reconnected.
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * email@example.com
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th