This document provides instructions on how to access Microsoft Teams from a web browser as well as how to download and install the Microsoft Teams Client on a MacOS computer.
- In your browser, navigate to go.parkland.edu and sign in with ParklandOne credentials.
Note: Some browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari, don’t support Teams calls and meetings. If you need to utilize Teams for calls and meetings, please use Chrome or Edge, or download the Teams application instead.
2. Click on the Teams icon from the Office 365 Dashboard.
- The web version of Teams should launch and look like the following:
- The desktop application allows for retained sign-in, more integrated notifications, and no browser based limitations. To download the desktop app, please continue with the rest of this article.
- To access the desktop application, click on the Download the desktop app button in the lower left-hand corner of the web browser application.
- After the download completes, run the installer that was downloaded. See below for instructions per browser:
- Google Chrome:
- Click the downloaded application in the lower left hand corner.
- Mozilla Firefox:
- Click the OK button on the prompt
- Click the Downloads button in the upper right-hand corner, then click the downloaded application.
The Teams installer will launch. Click Continue past the introduction.
- Click the Downloads button in the upper right hand corner, then click the downloaded application.
The next screen asks about the location where Teams should be installed. Make sure that Install for all users of this computer is selected and click Continue.
The next screen informs about space requirements of the software. Click the Install button.
To install, the program requires credentials of a user that has administrative privileges on the computer. If this is a Parkland owned device, the ParklandOne credentials should suffice. If this is a personal computer, then enter the same credentials that are used to sign into the computer. Enter the appropriate credentials and click Install Software.
When the installer completes, it will ask to move the downloaded installer to the trash. Click Move to Trash.
To launch Teams after it has installed, click the spotlight button on the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Type team into the search bar and then click Microsoft Teams from the search results.
Microsoft Teams will launch and prompt for an email address. Enter your Parkland email address and click Sign In.
At the next prompt, enter your Parkland email address again and click Next.
At the next prompt, enter your ParklandOne credentials and click Sign In.
Teams should now launch and look almost identical to the web version.