Netshare - Troubleshooting Common Issues (for FAA Students and Faculty)
There are two main reasons why Netshare may not appear on the desktop. This article contains solutions to help resolve the most common issues with Netshare.
1. Make sure that you are logged in with your FAA account. Netshare will not load if you logged in with your ParklandOne credentials. If you are uncertain how you logged in, click on the Apple logo in the menu bar. The very last item in the menu should say “Log out FAA***”. If it has your name listed there instead, then you have logged in with the wrong account and should log out and log back in with your FAA account.
2. If that doesn’t solve the issue, the next thing to try is resetting the privacy permissions. In newer versions of MacOS, built in security measures prevent network drives from appearing on the desktop unless authorized by the user. The first time you log in, you may see this message:
- The user will only be asked for this authorization once and you MUST click OK. If you instead select "Don't Allow", the share drive will not appear even if you log out and back in or attempt to load it from the dock. To fix it, please do the following to reset the privacy permissions:
- Open Jamf Self Service from the dock, click Configurations, and Reset Permissions.
- Once completed, click on the Netshare icon in the dock and approve the access request by selecting OK.. If you are still experiencing issues with Netshare, please contact the Tech Service Desk.
Summer Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th.