Windows 10 - Exporting Outlook Mail Contents to File (Transfer Email to New Account)
This article will detail the process of exporting your Outlook email content so that it can be transferred to a different Outlook account. This can be useful for students and faculty that wish to keep the contents of their email when transitioning to a new account type, or a personal account at the end of one’s time at Parkland. This process can only be used to transfer content from an Outlook account to an Outlook account, not to a Gmail or Thunderbird account.
1. Open the desktop client version of Outlook. This can be done by typing “Outlook” into the search bar in the bottom left hand corner of your screen (Windows 10) or into the Windows menu search bar (Windows 7).
2. In this window, click on “File” in the top left hand corner of the Outlook window.
3. This will display several options, as well as the full email address of the account that you are working in. This should display your full Parkland email address. To export email content, select Open & Export.
4. On the following screen, there will be four options. Select the third option which is Import/Export.
a. To use the default location, simply click Finish.
b. To select your own save location, click Browse as highlighted below and select the save location of your choice.
9. When you select Finish, a final window will appear asking if you would like to set an optional password for the back-up folder. If you would like to add a password to the folder, simply enter it twice and click OK. If you do not want a password for this file, leave the boxes blank and click OK.
This should be the final step, after which a progress bar will display as the folder is built into the Documents section of the computer. Please reference the article Windows 10 - Importing Outlook content from file (coming soon!) for importing the folder to a new account.