How to access the H: (Home) drive on a Windows Computer
The H: Drive allows all Parkland employees access to a space on our network server for storing personal Parkland-related files that need to be backed up. Files stored on your H: drive can only be seen by you. Files that need to be shared/referenced by multiple people in your department should instead be saved to the N: Drive. Due to space limitations, all employees have a limit of 10 GB of space. Note: You will NOT be able to connect to N: from a personal device while connected to the Parkland Wi-Fi on-campus.
Connecting to H: from a Parkland machine in an office or from a Parkland-owned laptop on-campus:
Note: the following scenarios require extra steps when connecting to H:1. Click on the Windows Explorer icon in the bottom toolbar.
- Connecting from an instructor station in the classroom: You must first log off of the generic account and sign in with your ParklandOne credentials instead. Be sure to restart the computer at the end of class in order to go back to the generic account.
- Connecting from a Parkland-owned laptop from off-campus: You first need to connect to the VPN. Please see Aruba VIA Client (Windows) - Usage Instructions .
- Connecting from a personal device from off-campus: You first need to connect to the VPN and remote in to your Parkland machine. Please see Remote Desktop Connection (Windows) - Remotely Control Your Office Computer From On or Off Campus .
- Remote Desktop cannot be used if you use a SHARED computer on campus. If you do, please contact the Tech Service Desk.
2. Under Computer (sometimes called This PC), you may see your various drives, including H: listed. If so, click on (H:) and you are done. If you don't see your drives listed, select Computer (or This PC).
3. Double-click on (H:).
Summer Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th.