LinkedIn Learning (for Parkland Employees and Students) - Access and Navigation
Parkland College provides employees and students access to LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com), an online learning resource that offers a wide variety of training in business, software, technology, and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. Please note that the old Lynda.com URLs will redirect to the new site through 3/31/20. After that, legacy Lynda URL's will break and you must search for the video on LinkedIn Learning and use the updated URL instead.
1. You can either navigate to go.parkland.edu/linkedinlearning OR click on the appropriate icon on the my.parkland.edu portal. Employees can click the icon labeled "inLearning" and students can select the icon labeled "IT Services" and then select Login to Parkland Systems and then LinkedIn Learning.
2. Enter your ParklandOne username and password.
3. The first time you access LinkedIn Learning, it will prompt you to enter your current or desired job title (in order to tailor videos to your profession), however, you can opt to Skip this step as pictured below.
4. The next screen will prompt you to enter the topic of what you would like to learn about (or you select from the provided options). Again, this simply allows the site to recommend content on your homepage that you might be interested in.
5. The next screen will be your homepage. From here, you can enter a search topic (top arrow pictured below), take a tour (lower arrow pictured below), and access your "In Progress" and "Saved" video/s via the icons in the upper-right.
6. From the "Me" option in the upper-right, you can access your collections, learning history, saved skills, and language preferences. You can also opt to sign out from here.
7. In order to create a grouping of videos, you can opt to save them as a collection. To do this, click on the "Collections" option as pictured above, and then select Create New Collection.
8. Select More to bring up the options of Edit or Delete OR select Share to share your collection with others.
9. A popup will appear asking you to choose your audience and to copy a link. When you press the Copy button, it will add the URL to your clipboard. Press Control and V on your keyboard to paste it into an email, syllabus, etc. OR use the Paste function in your application to insert it.