LinkedIn Learning (for Parkland Employees and Students) - Access and Navigation
Parkland College provides employees and students access to LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com), an online learning resource that offers a wide variety of training in business, software, technology, and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals.
1. Navigate to go.parkland.edu/linkedinlearning,
2. Enter your ParklandOne username and password.
3. The first time you access LinkedIn Learning, it will prompt you to enter your current or desired job title (in order to tailor videos to your profession), however, you can press the Skip button to bypass this step.
4. The next screen will prompt you to enter the topic of what you would like to learn about (or you select from the provided options). Again, this simply allows the site to recommend content on your homepage that you might be interested in.
5. The next screen will be your homepage. From here, you can enter a search topic, take a tour, or access your "In Progress" and "Saved" video/s.
6. From the "Me" option in the upper-right, you can access your collections, learning history, saved skills, and language preferences. You can also opt to sign out from here.
7. In order to create a grouping of videos, you can opt to save them as a collection. To do this, click on the "Collections" option as pictured above, and then select Create New Collection.
8. Select More to bring up the options of Edit or Delete OR select Share to share your collection with others.
9. A popup will appear asking you to choose your audience and to copy a link. When you press the Copy button, it will add the URL to your clipboard. Press Control and V on your keyboard to paste it into an email, syllabus, etc. OR use the Paste function in your application to insert it.