Everything HelpDesk - How do I Submit a Help Ticket?
eHelpDesk is a ticketing system used by Campus Technologies, PDIT, and Physical Plant. It allows users to submit tickets for non-emergency problems that they are experiencing. For computer hardware and software emergencies (including Cobra and A/V), please call the Tech Service Desk at 353-3333. For Physical Plant related emergencies, please call 373-3769.
Log on to the portal (my.parkland.edu) with your ParklandOne account credentials and…
Click on the “Tech Services” icon
-Or- click on the “Technology Services” tab.
To access the eHelpDesk system, please click on the “Report a Problem” icon on the Technology Services page. You will need to enter your ParklandOne credentials for access.
- Click on the New Ticket tab.
- Select the appropriate Group from the drop-down menu.
- Your Contact Information is automatically populated at the top of the ticket, however, you may need to enter your Location (department) from the drop-down menu.
- Fill-in the Ticket Info section.
- Use the Category drop-down menu to select your Problem type.
- Use the Category Option drop-down menu to select your Problem sub-type.
- Assignment is automatically populated as Ticket Pool and will be assigned by the Tech Service Desk or Physical Plant staff.
- Services For is the name of the person needing assistance.
- Room Number is the location of the computer needing attention.
- Phone is the phone number of the person needing assistance.
- Room Type describes the room where the computer is located.
- Reporting Method is automatically populated as User Submission.
- Leave the Resolution and Asset fields as-is.
- Fill in the Description section.
- Subject is a brief description of the problem.
- CC is where you can copy anyone on the ticket. Please type in their complete email address in the CC line and click the box CC/BC at the top of the ticket. Entering their email will not do anything unless this is selected.
- Note is a description of the problem. Provide as many details as possible.
- Attachements: Use this to attach a small file that is related to the problem.
Your technician will be notified that you have submitted a ticket to everything HelpDesk and you will receive an email confirmation with the ticket number assigned to it. To go back into the ticket after the fact, simply log back into eHelpDesk and the view defaults to "Tickets Owned By Me". Simply double-click on your ticket to view the details, status, and any notes that the technician might have added.
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * email@example.com
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th