Cobra Learning - Forcing a Quiz Submission
This document shows how to check for a pending quiz submission by a student and force it through for grading.
Sometimes students don't submit a quiz before the quiz is locked down after an end date. These quizzes are tagged as "in progress" and will not show up in the quiz submissions list, nor can students access them in order to submit them. Faculty, however, can locate and force these quiz submissions through with the following steps.
To locate the pending/in progress quiz:
- Select Quizzes from the course navbar.
- Click the arrow next to the quiz you are interested in and select "Grade" from the drop down menu.
- You will now see a list of students with a completed exam. But, you will have to do a special search for the pending quiz. Above the list of students is a search bar; click Show Search Options to access the filters.
- You'll see your filters in the opened search options.
- Select "users with attempts in progress" in the drop down menu under "restrict to". Then click the magnifying glass icon next to the search box above. This will find all students who are in between starting and submitting an exam.
- Find the student's name and click the people icon to the right of the attempt.
- This will take you into the "student mode" of the quiz for the purpose of submitting the quiz.
- Scroll to the bottom of the quiz to submit the quiz on behalf of the student.
NOTE: you may get a warning that some questions have not been answered, as in the image below. DO NOT alter a student's submission. Instead, simply click the Submit Quiz button.
Follow the prompts to finish the submission.
- Upon submission, you will be returned to the search list where the student's submission will no longer be listed as pending. Follow step 5 to set your filter to "Users who have completed an attempt" and click the magnifying class to reset the list, where you should now see that student's submission.