Papercut - How to use the “Pay for Print” System at Parkland
Parkland Students are provided with a starting print balance of $1.00.
Parkland Employees can use the public machines in the Learning Commons to print for free. This is handy for employees who do not have an office with a computer/printer setup.
How much does it cost to print?
- B/W prints - 10 cents/page
- Color prints - 50 cents/page
- B/W, double-sided prints - 5 cents/side
- Color, double-sided prints - 35 cents/side
1. Select File>Print. Preview the document to confirm that it is exactly how you want it. Remove any blank pages so that you do not get charged for them. Once you are happy with it, select the appropriate printer options. The default printer setting, “PCPrint on ps1,” is single-sided, black and white, on 8.5 x 11 paper. If you would like to print a color document you must select “PCPrintColor on ps1”. Next, select if you want single-sided or double-sided. Once you have selected your preferences, click Print.
2. A dialogue box will appear prompting you for your ParklandOne username and password (guest users, please enter your PaperCut username and password).
3. Go to the release station computer located next to the printer and enter your ParklandOne username and password (guest users, please enter your PaperCut username and password). You will see a list of all the print jobs that you have sent (but not yet printed) in the last 24 hours. (Jobs not claimed within 24 hours will disappear.) Select the job/s you want to print and click the Print button.
4. All students are given $1.00 of complimentary print credit. To add more money, please go to the "Add Money" station (located next to the release stations), sign in with your username and password, and insert the exact amount of cash/coins that you would like to add to your account. THE ADD VALUE STATIONS DO NOT GIVE CHANGE. Alternatively, you can add money to your print account using a credit or debit card. You may check your PaperCut account balance as well as your print history and pending jobs anytime, anywhere via https://papercut.parkland.edu:9192/user.