Office 365 (Outlook Client for Windows) - Resend or Recall an Email Message
With message recall, a message that you sent is retrieved from the mailboxes of the recipients who haven’t yet opened it. You can also substitute a replacement message. For example, if you forgot to include an attachment, you can try to retract the message, and then send a replacement message that has the attachment. Message recall is available after you click Send and is available only if both you and the recipient have an Office 365 or Microsoft Exchange email account in the same organization. Note: Replacing and recalling messages can only be done through the Outlook client which is the fully installed version, not the version accessed through Office 365 on the web.
Resend an email message:
In Mail, in the Folder Pane, click Sent Items.
Double-click the message that you want to resend.
On the Message tab, in the Move group, click Actions, and then click Resend This Message.
A new message window opens. If there are multiple recipients, you can remove recipients who don’t need to receive the message again. Click the names that you want to remove, and then press Delete.
TipYou can also add recipients who weren’t on the original message, add or remove attachments, and change the contents of the message.
To resend multiple messages, repeat these instructions for each message. There isn’t a way to resend multiple messages at one time.
Recall an email message:
Note: Recalling a message can take up to two minutes to process and will only be successful if the following conditions are met:
- The recipient uses the Outlook client (not Outlook on the web or the Outlook app), and Outlook is running.
- The recipient is on the same Exchange server (a Parkland employee). It will not work if the message was sent to someone outside of the College.
- The recipient's mailbox must be open for the recall to succeed.
- The message must still be unread and in the recipient's Inbox.
- In Mail, in the Folder Pane, click Sent Items.
Double-click the message that you want to recall.
- On the Message tab, in the Move group, click Actions, and then click Recall This Message.
- The following pop-up will appear.
5. Select the appropriate options and click OK. If you check the "Tell me if recall success succeeds or fails..." option, you will receive notification email messages regarding each recipient.
For the most current information on recalling or replacing messages in Outlook, please see the following Microsoft support article: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Recall-or-replace-an-email-message-that-you-sent-35027F88-D655-4554-B4F8-6C0729A723A0.