Office 365 (Outlook on the Web) Create a New Message, Reply To, or Forward Email
This article references the NEW Outlook on the Web. Creating a message in Outlook on the web is as easy as selecting New, composing your message, and then selecting Send. Respond to an email message you receive by selecting Reply or Reply All, or forward it to others by selecting Forward.
Create and send an email message
1. At the top of the page, select New message.
2. On the To line, enter the name or email address of the person who will receive the message.
3. On the Add a subject line, enter a brief description of what your message is about.
4. To attach a file to your message, select Attach.
5. Type your message and then select Send.
Forward an email message
Note: You can forward only one message at a time.
1. In your message list, choose the message that you want to forward.
2. At the top right corner of the message pane, select the Forward icon.
3. Type your message and then select Send.
Reply to an email message
1. In your message list, choose the message that you want to reply to.
2. At the top right corner of the message pane, select the Reply or Reply all icon.
3. Type your response and then select Send.
Note: By default, the original email and its history will not be displayed when you're replying to a message. To show the original email or change the email subject, select the three dots (Show message history) at the bottom of the message pane.
Add recipients to the Cc or Bcc lines
To add recipients to the Cc or Bcc lines, select Cc or Bcc on the right side of the To line.
Discard a draft of an email message
To discard a draft of a message, select Discard at the bottom of the message pane.
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th