Microsoft Teams - Transfer a Call
This is a quick user guide on transferring calls in Teams either directly or via a consult then transfer.
Transfer a one-on-one call in Teams
1. When you're in a call, select More actions then Transfer in your call controls.
2. Start typing the name (within Teams) or number of the person you want to transfer the call to.
3. You can turn on Ring back if there's no answer to send the call back to you if the recipient doesn't answer.
4. Select Transfer to complete the transfer or the dropdown arrow to choose one of the following options:
- Work to transfer the call to their Teams number.
- Work voicemail to send it straight to their voicemail.
For any external numbers (like their mobile number) they added to their account, please use 10-digit dialing (217-555-5555, for example).
Consult then transfer
You may opt to check in with the recipient before you transfer a call to them.
1. When you're in a call, select More actions then Consult then transfer.
2. Under Choose a person to consult, start typing in the name of the person (within Teams) or a phone number you want to reach.
3. Consult with them by calling or using chat.
4. When you're ready, select Transfer.