Topics Map > Microsoft Office 365
Topics Map > Cobra Learning
Topics Map > ParklandOne
Parkland Online Systems - FAQ
Q: When accessing my Outlook and Cobra Learning accounts, what should I do first?
- A: First, set-up your multi-factor authentication (MFA). Your experience setting up MFA will vary depending on whether your phone number is in the system. Once MFA set-up is complete, login to your email to confirm access. After email access is confirmed, login to Cobra.
Q: When logging into my email, I was not prompted to enter my phone number for multi-factor authentication. What should I do?
- A: Follow the multi-factor authentication (MFA) set-up first. Your experience setting up MFA will vary depending on whether or not your phone number is in the system.
Q: When logging into my email, should I use the Outlook web application or the desktop app?
- A: We recommend using the Outlook web application. You can access the application here: portal.office.com
Q: What password should I use to login to Cobra?
- A: Use your ParklandOne credentials. If your ParklandOne credentials do not work, click “Forgot your Password.” For more information on this process, please see Cobra Learning - Accessing and/or Resetting Your Password .
Q: When logging in to Cobra, my regular password does not work, so I clicked “Forgot your Password” and I am not receiving the recovery email.
- A: Check your spam filter and/or junk email folder for the message. It may take several minutes for the email to show up.
Q: Is it okay to use OneDrive?
- A: Yes. Please review your files to ensure they are accessible.
Q: What if some of my OneDrive files are corrupted and inaccessible?
- A: Users can roll back their own files to an earlier version that is not corrupt.
Q: Will my files sync to OneDrive?
- A: The automatic sync with OneDrive and SharePoint has been disabled until further notice to avoid further propagation of corrupt files.
Q: What if I don’t know my ParklandOne username or password?
- A: Your ParklandOne username and password are what you have been using to access all Parkland Systems prior to this incident. If you are unable to recall your username or password at this time, it cannot currently be retrieved or reset. Parkland College is working to restore this service as quickly as possible.
Q: Are VPN and Shared Drives available and should I connect to them?
- A: Not at this time. We are actively working to make these available as quickly and safely as possible.
Q: Is my.parkland.edu available?
- A: Not at this time. We are actively working to make my.parkland.edu available as quickly and safely as possible.
Q: What if a corrupt file is uploaded to Cobra on accident
- A: In the event that a corrupt file is uploaded to Cobra, the file will not be accessible and there is no negative impact to the system or course materials.
- A: Yes, the Microsoft Teams client can be used as well as the Microsoft Teams web application.
- A: Yes, you can send documents through Microsoft Teams.