Office 365 - Multi Factor Authentication Set Up
Multi factor authentication (MFA) through Microsoft provides an additional layer of security on top of your ParklandOne username and password for your Office 365/email account. You may have already experienced using MFA in your personal life. One common example is when your bank texts you a verification number that you must enter in order to log into your account. MFA is now REQUIRED for access to your Parkland Office 365/email account and is required for Outlook on the web as well as the Outlook client. Please note that you may opt to store your MFA code for up to two weeks, and it won't prompt you to authenticate again with a new code for 14 days.
Set up and/or edit your MFA details
The following instructions will help you setup the logon factors and will allow you to update them when necessary. Once you have completed your MFA setup, you will be able to access your Parkland Office 365 account via https://go.parkland.edu. As mentioned above, MFA is now required for access.
2. Enter your ParklandOne password and click Sign in.
3.a If your phone number is in the system, it will auto fill and a code will be sent via text to the cell phone number that is on file (If you would prefer to receive the code via a voice call instead, please select Call me in the box labeled Method). Click Next and Proceed to step 4.
3.b If your cell phone is not in the system, you will be prompted to add it. You can choose to receive the verification via voice call or text. After entering your preferences, click Next. and continue to step 4.
3.c If you do not have a cell phone, you should choose to receive the verification via voice call to your landline phone. After entering those preferences, click Next. and continue to step 4.
3.d If your cell phone number is in system but is incorrect, please stop here and call the Tech Service Desk at 217-353-3333.
4. Enter the numeric code and click Verify.
5. You will now be directed to the Additional Security Verification screen. On this page, you will verify or make changes to your preferred options and phone number/s.
5.a The first question on the page is What's your preferred option? This is referring to how you would like to receive the MFA code moving forward. The various options in the drop down include:
• Text code to my authentication phone (*this is the default and most choose to not change it)
• Call my authentication phone
• Call my office phone (*you must physically be in your office to receive the code)
• Notify me through app (*requires installation of the Microsoft Authenticator app)
• Use verification code from app (*requires installation of the Microsoft Authenticator app)
5.b The second question on this screen is How would you like to respond? This will allow you to add the specifics for the selection you made in 5.a and will also allow you to add an alternate authentication phone number if you wish. When adding phone numbers, you must select the associated country or region from the drop down.
5.c If you are good with the default selections and no changes were needed, click cancel as those selections are already saved in the system.
5.d If you made any changes such as updating a number, changing your verification option, or selecting an alternative authentication phone, select Save.
6. An "Updates successful" message will be displayed. Select Close.
Accessing Office 365
1. To access Office 365 on the web, navigate to https://go.parkland.edu,
enter your ParklandOne password
, and click Sign in.
2. A 6-digit authentication number will be sent to you via your preferred authentication method (text, call, etc). Enter the code. You may opt to not be prompted to enter a new code again for 14 days. If that is your preference, please check the box next to where it says Don't ask again for 14 days. Click Verify.
3. The Parkland College Office 365 landing page
will be displayed. Select the appropriate option and proceed. If you ever need to change your MFA options, please go back to https://aka.ms/MFASetup
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * email@example.com
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th