Microsoft Teams - External Attendees
This document goes over inviting and admitting external to Parkland guests. This document supplied instructions for Teams and the Outlook client
Inviting external to Parkland people using Teams:
- When creating a meeting in teams, an external email address can be entered in the attendee box to invite people that are both internal and external to Parkland.
- Once the meeting invite is sent, the external recipient will receive a calendar invite in the form of an email with the Join Teams Meeting link embedded in the body of the email.
- Once the meeting has started, an external email cannot be entered in the invite someone box. If an external person needs to be invited after the fact, the Copy Join Info link can be pressed to save a copy to the clip board. A new email can then be sent with that link pasted in the body to the external email of the person that needs invited. The newly invited guest can then click on that link to join the meeting.
The following process that guests go through to join the meeting is the same regardless of how they were invited
Inviting external to Parkland people using Outlook:
- When creating a meeting in outlook, external email addresses can be added to the Required or Optional fields.
- To make the meeting a Teams meeting so that a link is generated in the body of the email, click the Teams Meeting button at the top. After a couple of seconds, a link should appear in the body that will allow the recipient to click and join the meeting.
- After the guests click the link in the email they received, their default browser will open to the Teams web application and prompt them to join in a browser or download the application. Guests should click the Join on the web instead button unless they want to download and install the Teams application.
NOTE: If the guest’s default browser is Firefox, Safari, or IE, they will need to copy the link to a supported browser such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- Guests will then need to enter a display name for the meeting, review their camera and microphone settings and adjust accordingly, and click the Join Now button.
- Guests will then be added to the meeting’s lobby awaiting admittance by the organizer.
- The organizer of the meeting will then allow them in by reviewing the participants pane and clicking the Admit button.