Updating Software Using Jamf Self Service
This document shows the steps required to update software on a Mac using Jamf Self Service.
- You should find this application in your dock. If not, click on the Finder icon in the dock and then press Command-Shift-A to open your applications folder and locate Jamf Self Service.
- Ensure that the Featured section is selected in the tab bar on the left.
- Software listed here is available for you to install at a time that is convenient for you.
- Some installations can take a long time and will cause issues if interrupted.
- Read the description prompt for more instructions prior to installation.
- If using a laptop, ensure the power adapter is plugged in.
- Do not restart or put your computer to sleep until the installation has finished.
- This icon will appear when the installation is complete:
- Once it says Done, the item will no longer be accessible in Jamf Self Service.
If you have any issues with the installation, please contact the Tech Service Desk at 217-353-3333.
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th