ParklandOne - Password Expiration
ParklandOne passwords will expire one year from the last password creation date (this includes default passwords as well). 30 days prior to the expiration, you will start seeing a popup message after you have signed onto my.parkland.edu showing you your password expiration date. It will advise you to change your password (simply click on the Change Password button).
- It is strongly advised that you change your password prior to it expiring annually and, for employees, it is best to do this while connected to the Parkland network. Once the password is changed, restart your workstation and sign in with your new password. In order to adhere to cybersecurity best practices, it is recommended that you do not allow the browser to store your password. You may need to delete the auto-filled password to clear out the old one. Please click on the link below for additional information on how a ParklandOne password change impacts the various Parkland systems.
If your password has already expired:
***For NON-ENROLLED (meaning you have NOT YET tied your ParklandOne account to your mobile phone number) AND EXPIRED ParklandOne accounts, you will need to contact the Tech Service Desk at 217-353-3333 or stop by Room A184 for assistance.
***If you are ENROLLED in ParklandOne Password Station (meaning you have tied your ParklandOne account to your mobile phone number in order to receive validation codes via text messaging) and your password has already EXPIRED, please follow the steps below.
1. You can either sign onto one.parkland.edu or my.parkland.edu. Going directly to one.parkland.edu will save you some time and you can skip down to step 2, but if you have already signed onto my.parkland.edu, select Continue at the following prompt.
2. Enter your username and then select I Agree.
3. You will be presented with three options. If you know your existing password, select Change Password. If you forgot your existing password, select Forgot Password instead. Important Note: If you select Forgot Password, it will send a 4-digit validation code to your mobile phone as a text message to the number on file in Password Station. If your number has changed and you have NOT updated it in Password Station, then you must call the Tech Service Desk for assistance at 217-353-3333.
For more information on Change Password or Forgot Password, please click on the appropriate link below.
4. Once your ParklandOne password has been successfully changed, you may close out of one.parkland.edu. You will now be able to sign into the various parkland services such as my.parkland.edu.