YouTube - Editing Captions
YouTube offers content creators auto-generated captions for their videos. These captions are a great step in the right direction for global accessibility, however, because the auto captions are computer generated with no human intervention, there are often many errors. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to edit YouTube's auto-generated captions to get you started.
1. Go to the Video Manager on your Youtube channel and find the video you would like to edit.
2. Click the down arrow next to the video and select Subtitles and CC.
3. Click the option called English (Automatic).
4. Click Edit in the top right-hand corner.
5. You can now edit your captions and adjust the timing.
6. Once you have finished editing, click Publish Edits.