1. If you are on a Parkland-owned Windows machine and you have to change your ParklandOne password off-site, it is highly recommended that you connect to the VPN first, otherwise you won't be able to use your new password to sign back onto the machine until you've reestablished connection with the Parkland network. If you are on a Parkland-owned Mac and you have to change your ParklandOne password off-site, it is required that you connect to the VPN first. Please see ParklandOne Password Change - How Does This Impact Parkland Machine Login for Employees? for more details.
2. In the past, users had to delete their old VPN profile and create a new profile that reflected their updated password. This is no longer the case.
3. If you changed your password while connected to the VPN, your connection to the VPN will continue to work until you reboot or restart. To connect to the VPN after a reboot or a restart, please see below.
Locate the Virtual Intranet Access (VIA) shortcut on your desktop and double-click on it. You will see the following.
Left-click on the center of the circle and sign in with your username and new password as pictured below and click Proceed.
1. Start the VIA (Virtual Intranet Access) client. Typing via into the Finder will bring up the VIA application icon.
2. Click inside the circle to connect.
3. At this time, it should prompt you for your credentials as pictured below. Please use your new password and select Proceed to verify that your new credentials are working correctly.
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th