1. Select Upload
and choose either Files
2. Navigate to where you have the files or folders saved, select the files you want to upload, and then select Open
3. You will now see the documents appear in the list of OneDrive files.
Note: Another option is to drag files or folders directly into your OneDrive.
Creating a New Document or Folder in OneDrive:
1. Select New
and choose the application you would like to create the file in (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote) or select Folder
2. If you select an application that you would like to create the new file in, it will open the online version of that application. It will auto save to One Drive with a generic name such as "Document.docx". There is no need to manually save it as the online applications auto save your work. Once you close out of it, you will see the file with the generic name in your list of OneDrive files. You can then right-click on the file and select Rename
3. If you select Folder
, it will prompt you to give it a name and then you will select Create.
4. The new folder will now appear in your list of OneDrive files.
Save a File directly to One Drive Without Uploading It:
1. Select File
, Save As
, One Drive - Parkland College
, and then One Drive - Parkland College
2. The document will now appear in your list of OneDrive files.Sharing Files or Folders With Others:
Option 1: In your list of OneDrive files, you can simply hover over the file, and the share option will appear.
Option 2: From within a file, select Share
in the upper-right.
with either option, Select Share
, choose the editing privileges, enter a name or email address and then select Send
Note: You have the option of typing a personal message before you share
the file. It will also give you the option to copy the link instead if
that is your preference.
Accessing Files That Others Have Shared With You:
You will need to select the Shared
option in the column on the left as pictured below.