Nearly all instructor stations will automatically log in with a “generic” account after being turned on or restarted. A “generic” account is one that is not assigned to a person but is instead used for general access to a workstation. Instructors may choose to use the “generic” account - OR - log off/sign out and log in with their ParklandOne credentials instead for access to their H: Drive. NOTE: IF YOU SIGN IN AS YOURSELF, PLEASE RESTART THE COMPUTER AT THE END OF CLASS IN ORDER TO RETURN IT TO THE “GENERIC” LOGIN STATE (detailed instructions are at the bottom of this article).
Note: Whether you are signed in with the generic account or you are signed in as yourself, if you access Microsoft Office 365/Outlook from an instructor station (or any public/shared machine), you will want to select No to the following prompt. No matter what you select though, the machine may keep you signed in to Office 365/Outlook even after you have closed the browser and/or restarted the machine. On shared computers, you MUST always SIGN OUT of Microsoft Office 365 applications in order to protect your privacy. Please see Office 365 / Outlook / Google - The Importance of Signing Out of Your Account for further instructions on how to Sign out of your session.
“Generic” Login Details:
1. Click on the Start Menu.
2. Select the triangle button next to Shut down (might come up as Restart instead) and select Log Off.
3. Sign in with your ParklandOne username and password. Please restart the computer at the end of your class, remembering to leave enough time to for the restart process to complete before the next class.
4. To perform a restart, click on the Start Menu and select Restart (if applicable) or click the triangle button next to Shut down and then select Restart.
- OR -
1. Click on the Start Menu, then select the round “user” button and choose Sign out.
2. Sign in with your ParklandOne username and password. Please restart the computer at the end of your class, remembering to leave enough time to for the restart process to complete before the next class.
3. To perform a restart, click on the Start Menu and select the “Power” button and then select Restart.