Using your Skype for Business Account to Connect to Regular Skype Accounts
1. Open Skype for Business.
2. In the “Contacts” tab, click on the icon of the person with the plus sign in order to add a contact.
3. Select Add a Contact Not in My Organization, and then select Skype.
4. Make sure the “Skype Directory” tab is selected and click in the search bar above in order to search for the contact by name, Skype name, email address, phone number, or location.
5. Double-click on the Skype contact’s name. An “Add this contact” window will pop up. Click on Add to accept.
6. The Skype contact will be sent a contact request and you must wait until they accept the request before you can contact them through Skype for Business.
7. The Skype contact will get a notice on Skype that you want to add them as a contact. They will need to click on that invitation and choose Accept.
8. Once they have accepted, you will see them as an available contact in Skype for Business.
9. You can now click on the contact name and start a session.