Connect your Apple Watch to the Parkland Wi-Fi Network
At Parkland College, you will want to connect to the "Parkland" SSID. Employees, it will not work if you attempt to connect to the "PCNet" SSID.
Your Apple Watch uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to communicate with your paired iPhone, switching between connections as needed:
1. Your Apple Watch uses Bluetooth when your iPhone is near, which conserves power.
2. If Bluetooth isn’t available/in range, your Apple Watch will try to use a Wi-Fi connection instead (see Wi-Fi requirements below).
Wi-Fi requirements for Apple Watch:
Your Apple Watch can connect to a Wi-Fi network if:
- Your iPhone, while connected to your watch with Bluetooth, has connected to the network before.
- The Wi-Fi network is 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz.
How to ensure that your Apple Watch is connected to the "Parkland" Wi-Fi network:
- Turn off your Apple Watch.
- Forget the Parkland Wi-Fi network on your iPhone. (Settings > Wi-Fi).
- Turn off Bluetooth on the iPhone (Settings > Bluetooth).
- Connect to the Parkland network on your iPhone, and then re-enable Bluetooth.
- Now, turn on the Apple Watch. This should result in your Apple Watch connecting to the 2.4GHz Parkland network when it turns on. To test, disable Bluetooth again, and try to make a Facetime audio call or send an iMessage using your Apple Watch. If you’re able to make a call or send an iMessage, then your Apple Watch is successfully connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Note: When your Apple Watch connects to a compatible Wi-Fi network instead of your iPhone connection, appears in the Control Center.
How to disconnect from Wi-Fi:
On Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), you can disconnect from Wi-Fi networks.
Swipe up to open Control Center and tap . The icon will dim and your device will disconnect from any network that you're connected to. After you disconnect, your Apple Watch won't automatically re-join the Wi-Fi network that you disconnected from until:
- You turn on Wi-Fi in Control Center.
- You walk or drive to a new location.
- It's 5:00 a.m. local time.
Summer Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th.