When many users are connected to and using the wePresent device, it can become confusing as to who’s display is shown and where it is on the projected display. The Conference Controls in the wePresent web interface can provide instructors with a way to select which user’s devices are shown and where they are on the projected display.
To access and use the wePresent Conference Controls in D209, D217 and D219:
1. Turn on the projector (or other display) and select the video input for the wePresent (usually HDMI).
2. You should see the standby screen or screensaver for the wePresent device.
3. On the classroom instructor station, open an internet browser and go to the IP Address identified on the standby screen.
4. Click on Conference Control in the menu to the left.
5. Type in the password for the moderator account and click Login. If you are not sure what the password is, please contact the Tech Service Desk at 353-3333 and let them know which classroom you are teaching in.
6. When you are signed in, you will see a list of connected users, play controls for each user, and the IP address of the device the user is connecting with.
In the top left, there is a check box that says “Allow control from this page only.” When a moderator is signed in and this is checked, users do not have control of where their device’s screen is displayed on the projected display or whether it is displayed at all. If the moderator unchecks this box or signs out, control is returned to the users.
The moderator can select from 5 display modes: full screen and each of 4 quadrants of the screen. There is also an option to Stop displaying.
Note that audio from a user’s device will only be sent thought the wePresent/projector/speakers when the full screen or quadrant 1 options are used. Quadrants 2-4 do not pass audio through. If you wish to mute all audio through the projector, this can be accomplished from the Hitachi Projector Control Application, launched from the Desktop, Start Menu, or System Tray icon. Instructions for the Hitachi Projector Control App can be found via the link below.
Phone/Virtual Assistance: 217-353-3333 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall/Spring: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th. / 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Fridays
Summer: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th