Cobra Learning - Setting your Notifications for Alternative Mobile Contact Method
This is an alternative method for setting up your mobile device to receive text message notifications from your courses in Cobra Learning. Sometimes, the cellular provider will not allow the text messages to come from an email account.
NOTE: You will continue to receive course notifications until you disable the rule outlined below -OR - until access to the course ends which is 30 days after the last day of class (not including finals week).
Contact Your Cellular Provider
Make sure that emails coming from @parkland.edu can be received as text messages.
Determine Your Phone's Email Address
Typically, your phone's SMS "address" is your 10-digit phone number followed by your carrier's SMS gateway. For example, to forward an email to a Verizon phone, enter "email@example.com". It's best to contact your provider directly to get their gateway address. However, here's an abbreviated list of carrier SMS gateways as were last researched:
AT&T: [your number]@txt.att.net
Boost Mobile: [yournumber]@myboostmobile.com
Cellular One: [yournumber]@cellularone.txtmsg.com
Cleartalk: [your number]@sms.cleartalk.us
Cricket: [your number]@mms.cricketwireless.net
MetroPCS: [your number]@mymetropcs.com
Nextel: [your number]@messaging.nextel.com
Qwest Wireless:[your number]@qwestmp.com
Sprint (Nextel): [your number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com
Spring (PCS): [your number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com
T-Mobile: [your number]@tmomail.net
US Cellular:[your number]@email.uscc.net
Verizon Wireless: [your number]@vtext.com
Virgin Mobile: [your number]@vmobl.com
Forward Your Outlook (Parkland) Mail to Your Phone as a Text Message
In your web-based Office 365 account (http://go.parkland.edu), select the settings cog in the upper right corner of the screen, next to your name.
- Under Your app settings, select Mail.
- Under Mail, Select Inbox and sweep rules.
- Select the + button to add a new rule.
- Give the rule a name (Cobra notifications)
- Select a condition from the drop down menu: It includes these words > in the senders address [enter firstname.lastname@example.org], click the + sign to add and then click OK.
- Select an action from the drop down menu: Do all of the following > forward, redirect, or send > send a text message to
- Then, a text messaging setup box will appear.
- Select your country or region that your cell phone is registered in.
- Select your mobile carrier from the list provided.
- Select Next.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Click OK to finalize rule.
The list of mobile carriers in Outlook is short. If your carrier is not in the list, then you may not be able to set up to receive the notifications by text message.