How to check Minimum System Requirements for Software Installs - (Windows)
You can easily find all performance related information for your Windows machine by visiting a few different locations.
This article shows you how to assess if your Windows machine meets the minimum system requirements for the purpose of software compatiblity.
PLEASE NOTE: This guide was made using Windows 7. The process of finding performance related information differs slightly between variations of Windows.
To find your Operating System, Processor Speed, Installed memory (RAM), and System Type you will go to the System & Security Menu.
1. Click on the Start Button
in the lower left-hand corner and select Control Panel
. Please make sure that in the top right hand corner that the View by
toggle is set to Category
2. Click System and Security.
3. On the next page, click System.
4.) On the System page, your Operating System
, Processor Speed
, Installed memory (RAM
), and System Type
will be listed.
To view the amount of free space on your hard disk you will go to My Computer.
1. Click the Start Button
in the lower left-hand corner.
2. Click Computer
1. The Amount of Space Available
on your hard drive(s) will be listed under Hard Disk Drives.
To view your Monitor's Resolution, visit the Control Panel.
1. Click the Start Button in the lower left-hand corner.
2. Click Control Panel.
3. On the Control panel, click Hardware and Sound.
4. In the Hardware and Sound menu, click Display.
5. On the Display menu, click Adjust resolution.
6. The current resolution will be listed in the Resolution field.