Topics Map > Microsoft Office 365
Office 365 (Web) - What You’ll See in Tasks
What you'll see in Tasks for Office 365 Web Mail
From the Office 365 homepage, select Tasks or if you are already in another application such as People, go to the top of the page, select the App launcher , and then select Tasks.
In addition to tasks that you create, any message that you flag will appear in the Tasks folder.
- Create a new task by clicking new task.
- Use this column to view Flagged items and Tasks, or just Tasks.
- Filters. Select the filter depending on what items you want to see. Tasks and flagged items that don’t have a date associated with them and that aren’t completed will appear only when you select all.
- List of items that meet the current filter criteria. Click any item to view it in the reading pane. You can use the controls in the list view to make changes to an item’s status. For example, you can mark a task as complete or remove a flag from a message.
- The reading pane, where the content of the items you’ve selected is displayed. You can use the controls in the upper corner to make changes to the item if it’s a task. If it’s a message, the controls will be the same as you would see while reading your mail.
Open a task in a separate window
By default, you read and create tasks in the reading pane, but that isn’t always what you need. Sometimes you need to be able to view or edit a task in a separate window.
When you’re creating a new task or editing an existing one, you can pop it out into a new window by clicking the pop out icon in the upper corner of the message.
To open a task that you’re viewing in a separate window, click the extended menu icon and select open in separate window.
The tasks list
Tasks includes tasks that you’ve created and messages that have been flagged.
- You can switch between viewing Flagged Items and Tasks and just Tasks by using the folder list.
- You can further choose which items to view by using the filters at the top of the task list: all, active, overdue, and completed.
- You can use icons in the task list to complete some quick tasks. Click to delete a task. Click or to mark a task as completed. To mark a completed task as not completed, click . To change the date associated with a flag or mark the item complete, right-click it.