This document will provide step by step instructions on setting up your Outlook client account (the installed version of Outlook). You will need to do this on each machine that you use when opening the client for the first time. Once the initial setup is complete, you will not need to perform this process again unless Campus Technologies has to rebuild the computer. Please note that the web-based version of Outlook does not require a profile to be set up.
The images below reflect the Office 365 version of Outlook but the instructions are applicable to the Outlook 2019 client as well. Please note that Okta multi-factor authentication (MFA) is required for access to Outlook. If you have not yet registered for Okta, please do so by navigating to https://login.parkland.edu.
1. On non-shared computers at Parkland, the Outlook client will be installed by default. It will not be installed on workstations that are used by multiple people such as classroom workstations, part-time faculty offices, conference room machines, public machines, etc. On shared/public machines, you will instead want to use the web-based version of Outlook at https://go.parkland.edu/mail. If you are needing to install the Outlook client on a personal computer, please click on the Install Office option at https://go.parkland.edu.
2. Start Outlook by double clicking on the Outlook icon (as seen below). If there is no icon, go to the start menu and do a search for "Outlook". When the listing for Outlook comes up, you can right-click on it and select "Pin to Taskbar".
3. If the Welcome to Outlook window pops up, skip to step 5.
4. If the following error is displayed instead, call the Tech Service Desk at 217-353-3333.
5. Enter your full Parkland email address and then click Connect.
6. The Okta MFA login window will prompt you to enter your ParklandOne username and password. Once entered, click Sign In.
7. Next, you will be prompted for Otka multifactor authentication (MFA). Select your method of authentication in order to fulfill the factor requirement (the image below is utilizing Okta Verify and what you see may look different depending on what factor you are using). If you don't want to be prompted for MFA every time, be sure to check the box next to "Do not challenge me on this device for the next 7 days".
8. Continue to follow the Outlook configuration steps. If you want Windows to remember your account on your device, make sure the box is checked next to "Allow my organization to manage my device". Select Okay.
9. When your account has been added successfully, click Done.
10. Select OK (if you would like to set up the mobile version of Outlook, make sure to leave that box checked).
11. Outlook should load and display your inbox.