Office 365 (Outlook 2013 / 2016 / 2019 for Win) - Add a Contact From Scratch
You can capture and organize information about people by saving new contacts in your address book. Contacts are like electronic cards that save a person's contact information. A contact can be as basic as a name and email address, or include more information like a street address, multiple phone numbers, and a profile picture. Once you’ve saved someone as a contact, you can type the first few letters of their name into an email, and Outlook will fill in their email address for you.
- Click People at the bottom of the screen. ***NOTE - In Outlook 2016 and 2019, icons have replaced the words if you are using the compressed navigation pane. Click on the icon that looks like a person.
- In the New group, click New Contact or press Ctrl+N.
Tip To create a contact from anywhere in Outlook, press Ctrl+Shift+C.
- Enter a name and any other information that you want to include for the contact.
- If you want to immediately create another contact, click Save & New (this way, you don't have to start over for each contact). After you're done entering new contacts, click Save & Close.
- Want to add another contact from the same company? Just click the little down arrow next to Save & New, and then select Contact from the Same Company.
Summer Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-Th.