Office 365 (Outlook 2013 / 2016 for Win) - Create a task
You probably keep a list of things to do on paper, in a spreadsheet, or maybe both. In Outlook, you can create tasks, get reminders, and track your progress—all in one place. At the bottom of your inbox, click on Tasks. ***NOTE - In Outlook 2016, icons have replaced the words as per the second image below.
- Select New Task.
- In the Subject box, type a name for the task. If you’ve got a lot to enter, keep the subject short, and then add the details in the task body.
- If there’s a fixed start or end date, set the Start date or Due date.
- Set the task’s priority by using Priority.
- If you want a pop-up reminder, check Reminder, and set the date and time.
- Click Task > Save & Close