Cobra Learning - Using SCORM in Content
To add a SCORM package to Content
If you are using the new SCORM solution, upload SCORM packages directly into the Content tool.
- In Content, either create or select a module to include your SCORM package in.
- Within your selected module, from the Upload/Create button, select New SCORM Object.
- In the New SCORM Object dialog window, do one of the following:
- If you want to upload a new SCORM package, click Upload. Then, either browse one or more files, or drag and drop the files into the designated area. Note: You can upload up to 50 SCORM ;objects at a time.
- If you want to add a previously uploaded SCORM package, select it from the list.
- Click Save.
- On the Add Course Package - SCORM screen, do one or more of the following:
- To add the SCORM object to the course, select it and click Add.
- If you want to create a grade item for the SCORM object, click Yes. Then, select the type of grade calculation method you want to use. Note: To edit the grade item later, select the item in the grade book.
- If you want the SCORM package in your course to remain as it was when you uploaded it (to be statically linked), click Display this version even if a new version is added.
- If you want the SCORM package in your course to remain updated as new versions are added (to be dynamically linked), click Always display the latest version.
- If you want to update other properties, select the SCORM object then select Properties. Then, you can change the title, and add or remove external navigation.
- Click Save.
If you are using the Legacy SCORM solution, SCORM packages must be imported to the Content tool. The import function identifies the content as SCORM, and allows the proper initialization of SCORM LMS calls.
- From Edit Course, click Import/Export/Copy components, then Import Components.
- Select from a course package.
- Click Start.
- Drag and drop the SCORM package onto the upload target.
- Click Import All Components.
- Do one of the following:
- To view the SCORM package within Content, click View Content.
- To import another SCORM package, click Import Another Package.
Move your imported SCORM content to a different module
If you are using the legacy SCORM solution and you import a SCORM package, it creates a single module and topic as part of the process. After the import process is completed, you can move the topic using the move function in the Content tool to the desired module and delete the unnecessary module that was created as part of the import process.
Remove a grade item from a SCORM object after the package is imported
In order to remove a grade item that was originally created as part of a SCORM package, you must first break the association between the grade book item and the content item.
- In the Content tool, navigate to the SCORM object that you want to disassociate from the grade item.
- Click the content topic.
- From the Activity Details tab, in the Assessment area, click the topic title.
- From the context menu, click No Grade.
- Click Save.
Note: If the SCORM package is already deleted, you cannot remove the grade book item. If you require grade book items to be removed from your course, contact support.
Adjust the display size of your SCORM object
If you are using the legacy SCORM solution, in many cases, display issues are the result of settings selected when authoring a SCORM package. If SCORM objects are too small or too large when viewed in Content, consider replacing the absolute values set for the dimensions in the HTML file with relative values.
- From Manage Files, click the action menu for the file you want to edit.
- Select Edit, File HTML Source Editor.
- Replace the absolute values for width and height in the HTML file with relative values.
- Click Save.
Note: The location of these elements vary depending on the authoring tool used to create the SCORM package. Editing these values from the publishing tool and creating a new package with the updated values allows you to successfully use the package repeatedly while only needing to edit it once.