My Parkland - Getting Started / How to Log on / Password Details
Details on how to get started in the My Parkland system. Contains information on supported browsers, account creation, usernames, and passwords.
Note: Once you are accepted to the college, new student My Parkland accounts can take 24-72 hours to be created. Student My Parkland accounts are active for life. Faculty and staff accounts are created once your network and email accounts have been established and are terminated once you are no longer employed at Parkland.
The recommend browsers for My Parkland are the following:
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
Please note that Microsoft Edge is NOT a supported browser.
Your experience on My Parkland may differ when using other browsers. Pre-release versions of these browsers may not work properly.
The URL for My Parkland is https://my.parkland.edu.
Certain browser settings can prevent you from signing into My Parkland. Please check the following settings:
- Your username is the same as your email, Cobra, and Parkland Wi-Fi accounts.
- Example: Ted Logan would use tlogan1
- Click What is my Username? on the login page to determine your username. This will require you to enter your Parkland ID number and date of birth. If you don't know your ID number, select the link that says, "Can't find your number?"
- Your default password if you have never logged on before is your date of birth (mmddyy).
- Do not use hyphens or slashes to separate the date values.
- Example - January 5, 1988 would be 010588
- If you have logged in before, but don't remember your password, you must call the Tech Service Desk at 217-353-3333. They will create a temporary password for you. Be prepared to give them your username and Parkland ID number.
- It is recommended that you then enroll in the ParklandOne Password Station which allows users to change their password to something secure and allows you to reset your password in the future if you forget it. The password you create will become your new password for most Parkland systems including My.Parkland, Email, Cobra Learning, Wi-Fi, Microsoft Office 365, and lynda.com. Click on the Create / Reset Password link on the My.Parkland login screen to access this system or go to one.parkland.edu. Please click on this link for further instructions. ParklandOne - FAQ