Topics Map > Cobra Learning
Cobra Learning - Managing email messages
Managing email messages
Table of contents
- Read an email message
- Mark an email message as read
- Reply to or forward an email message
- Search for an email message
- Sort email messages
- Filter email messages
- Delete an email message
Unread messages appear in bold. To read a message, click the subject link of the message. The message opens in either a preview pane or new window, depending on your settings.
- Select the check box next to the message or messages you want to mark as read.
- Click Mark as Read at the top of the message list.
Note To mark a message as unread, open the message and click Mark Unread from the More Actions button in the Message Preview page.
- From the inbox, click on the message you want to reply to or forward.
- Click Reply, Reply All, or Forward.
- Enter the recipient names in the To field. To expand the Cc and Bcc fields, click Add CC or BCC. For reply and reply all, the recipients automatically populate, but you can add additional recipients if desired.
- Add any additional content, including attachments, to the message.
- Click Send.
Use the Search For field to search and find messages in the inbox. Type the word you are searching for in the Search For field and click Search.
Click the Show Search Options link to search specifically in the From, Subject, or Body fields of messages in the inbox.
To sort the messages in the inbox, click the icon or title representing the type of sort you want to perform.
You can sort the messages by their priority, whether they contain attachments, as well as by their From, Subject, Date, and Size attributes.
To filter the messages in the inbox, select your filtering category in the Filter By drop-down list.
- Select the check box next to the message or messages you want to delete.
- Click Move to Trash.
Note Deleted messages are moved to the Trash folder. Deleting messages from the Trash folder removes them permanently.