This article covers adding Call Contacts, Contact Groups, and Speed Dial entries within Microsoft Teams.
1. Go to Calls in your Teams client and then click on Contacts.
2. Select Add Contacts and type in the name or username of the contact you want to add.
3. If the person is a Parkland employee or student, their contact card should appear below and you can select it and press add.
4. If you are adding a contact from outside our organization you can type in their name and click Add, this will then bring you to a screen where you can add their phone number, company, and title.
Please note that contacts from Outlook are automatically synched over to Teams but Teams contacts do not sync to Outlook.
Contact Groups in Microsoft Teams
2. From here, you can create a new contact group by clicking on Create a new contact group at the bottom or you can edit existing contact groups by clicking on the three dots … next to the group you want to edit.
1. To add a contact to speed dial, you can either go to Calls and click on the three dots … next to Speed Dial and then add a contact as you normally would -OR-
2. Go to Calls and click on Contacts to find the contact you want to add. Select the three dots … to the right of their name, and select Add to speed dial.